Legal Deposition Consultant – Part Time/Intern
Title: Legal Deposition Consultant – Part Time/Intern
Location: St. Louis, MO
Pohlman Reporting Company, LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal department and insurance carriers. For over thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On-Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval.
Summary Job Description
The Legal Deposition Consultant reports to the Video and Trial Services Manager and is responsible for the daily technology support of depositions going forward by video conference to ensure all aspects of the video conference are successful and client expectations fulfilled. The Legal Deposition Consultant will operate as a member of the Pohlman Remote Logistics team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide training and technical support to attorneys, paralegal and witnesses taking depositions
- Videotape depositions via remote means through various video conferencing platforms,
including Adobe Connect or Zoom- like platforms.
- Ensure videotaped depositions meet PohlmanUSA and CLVS standards.
- Prepare and upload exhibits to the video conference platform and ensure both the court reporter and the production department have access to the exhibits. Access, download and save any exhibits that were not provided in advance of the deposition from the platform and provide them to the appropriate parties.
- Provide technical support during the deposition for the attorneys. Manage exhibits for the attorneys as needed as testimony is being given.
- Coordinate the testing of shipped equipment with the client and/or deponent receiving the equipment to ensure their comfort in accessing the remote deposition platform.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise during a deposition.
- Work independently to solve problems/issues and know when to escalate issues to management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients.
- B.S. or advanced degree
- Multi-media, litigation support and legal/paralegal experience/knowledge is preferred.
- Possess a strong aptitude towards technology and have a willingness to learn new technological skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide clear instructions
- Work well under stress and tight timelines
- Ability to work overtime, if needed
- Must be able to work in a professional and confidential environment
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential